My ‘last’ clutch from 2014 ended up being my first clutch of 2015! Five eggs from an albino spider bred to this enchi het albino girl. 😀
This is round two for trying to prove out this possible het clown girl. She laid four eggs for me last year and I struck out on any visual clowns, but I did end up with 5 hatchlings. She put the weight back on real quick and then some, so I was hoping for another egg or two this go around, but no such luck. Instead she made up for it in egg mass! This is the definitely the oddest sized clutch I’ve personally come across yet. Four eggs, each a different size.
Set up a table at a show for first time today at the Capital City Reptile Show. Got a lot of attention with the black bloods but unfortunately didn’t sell anything. Had a pretty good time anyway and overall it was a positive experience! If you came to the show and would like to know more about our available Sumatran short-tailed pythons, please check out our page!
Coming home to see this clutch all out of the egg completely made up for the slight disappointment of not selling anything! Ended up with 0.2 super enchis, 1.1 enchis, and 0.1 normals, all possible het hypo.
Good odds morph wise, not so good sex wise. Ended up with 1.0 kingpin, 1.0 pinstripe, 1.1 lessers, and 1.1 normals. I was really hoping that kingpin was a female, but I’ve got a few more shots at hatching some out this season. Next clutch isn’t due to hatch until the end of July, but I can’t wait until it does. That one will be my first shot at hatching out some orange dreams!
Back to the usual odds from last year… clutch number two ended up giving me 3.0 lessers, and 3.3 normals. This was my dinker clutch for the year, and didn’t produce anything too abnormal. I do find it interesting that pretty much all of them have some sort of black backing going on, but at this point I’m thinking it has more to do with selective breeding than any sort of morph gene. If anyone sees something I’m missing, let me know! All opinions are welcome!
Our superblack ‘male’ laid her eggs right on schedule! Fifteen nice little chicken eggs were hiding in that sphagnum moss. After losing pretty much the entire clutch on our last Sumatran short-tailed breeding, I decided to split this clutch between two six quart containers rather than put them all in one large tub. Not sure if it really had anything to do with my problems back in 2010, but why risk it? I’ve been very successful hatching out ball pythons eggs in the smaller containers so I’ll stick with what I know works this year. Now I’ve just gotta keep my fingers crossed that we hatch out a male who looks as good as this girl…
and it’s a doozy! This girl is turning into quite a monster. She started out with 6 eggs her first clutch, 9 eggs her second clutch (although one was infertile), and now she just laid a whopping 10 eggs! Hopefully they’re all good, I won’t have a chance to candle them until later tonight. This clutch should also let us know for sure if there’s anything special going on with her and the brownback lesser she produced in 2010 or if he’s just a really nice lesser. Clutch bp12-2.
Clutch 4 is on the ground… gonna have to watch my fingers when these ones hatch!
Our pinstripe laid her eggs last night, and totally surprised us with an extra egg. I had counted seven eggs when I palpated her after ovulation. Not a bad first clutch at all, especially for a two year old. This is our third clutch for the year, and we should be getting a clutch a week for the rest of June.
Got our second clutch of eggs for the year this morning! I decided to give the straight vermiculite incubation method a shot on this clutch to see if I like it better than using the suspended method.
No news on the first clutch just yet, although they should be pipping anytime now. We’ve had a few more ovulations and a pre-lay shed or two, but other than that it’s been pretty quiet around here.